If you are experiencing issues with your powerbox, please follow the steps below to reset the Power Supply Converter (the Black Power Box) before submitting a support request.
First, check all the electrical connections are secure: Troubleshooting: Securing Plugs and Cords
- Be sure to check the connection between the wall and the black box especially. They have been known to make a light appear dead when the connection is off. This process will reset the "trip" feature inside which may have gone off. This can happen if the light gets too much power too fast but can normally be easily reset. If it fixes it but has to be reset often, please reach out to support so we can provide replacement options.
How To Reset your Power Box
Please follow the steps exactly as outlined to ensure the converter inside the powerbox is fully reset much like a cell phone being turned off then back on to resolve glitches.
- Fully unplug the light, the box, and the wall cord so you'll have 3 separate parts.
- Very Important: Make sure your light dimmer is OFF. If your light dimmer is on or on high, it can re-trip the box and prevent it from resetting.
- Plug the largest cord into the wall outlet, and make sure it’s fully 100% in the electric socket.
- Replug wall cord into the power box, gently move the wide connection piece around while firmly connecting, it should fully insert. The widest part of the male cord part will fit fully inside the female part of the adapter. See image below:
- Plug powerbox into light and slowly turn on and increase brightness.
Find immediate information and faqs online through our Help Center.
Reach out to our support team if you need any help or advice with this topic, or any other issue. Please include your name, order number and any relevant pictures or videos that will help us help you. If possible, please use the same email address used to place your order when submitting support requests. This will help us help you faster!