Troubleshooting: Securing Plugs and Cords
Your Light is all set up, but won't turn on? - Please check all cords and connections!
If the cords are not tightly and securely plugged in, your light will not turn on. Please double check all connections to be snug and tight, as well as, that the cord is plugged fully into the outlet for power.
There are 3 connection points to examine:
- Wall Outlet Connection - Ensure this is fully plugged in, and try various outlets if needed. If using a surge protector, check that it is switched to the On position.
- Wall Cord to Black Power Adapter Box - ensure these are FIRMLY pushed together.
- Black Adapter to Light Cord from under Base - It can appear the light is dead if this connection point wiggles loose at all. This connection set should be pushed together gently, and can be secured with a small piece of electrical tape if needed to keep them in position.
RESETTING YOUR POWERBOX - Be sure to check the connection between the wall and the black box especially. They have been known to make a light appear dead when the connection is off.
This process will reset the "trip" feature inside which may have gone off. This can happen if the light gets too much power too fast but can normally be easily reset. If it fixes it but needs reset very often we can replace it easily. Please follow the steps exactly as outlined to ensure the converter inside the powerbox is fully reset much like a cell phone being turned off then back on to resolve glitches.
- Fully unplug the light, the box, and the wall cord so you'll have 3 separate parts.
- Very Important: Make sure your light dimmer is OFF. If your light dimmer is on or on high, it can re-trip the box and prevent it from resetting.
- Plug the largest cord into the wall outlet, and make sure it’s fully 100% in the electric socket.
- Replug wall cord into the power box, gently move the wide connection piece around while firmly connecting, it should fully insert. The widest part of the male cord part will fit fully inside the female part of the adapter.
- Plug powerbox into light and slowly turn on and increase brightness.
If you need further support on this or any other issue please submit a request or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org