We have several styles of powerboxes. Your may have 1 or 2 parts.
2 Part Powerbox: Securing Plugs and Cords
Your Light is all set up, but won't turn on? - Please check all cords and connections!
If the cords are not tightly and securely plugged in, your light will not turn on. Please double check all connections to be snug and tight, as well as, that the cord is plugged fully into the outlet for power.
There are 3 connection points to examine:
- Wall Outlet Connection - Ensure this is fully plugged in, and try various outlets if needed. If using a surge protector, check that it is switched to the On position.
- Wall Cord to Black Power Adapter Box - ensure these are FIRMLY pushed together.
- Black Adapter to Light Cord from under Base - It can appear the light is dead if this connection point wiggles loose at all. This connection set should be pushed together gently, and can be secured with a small piece of electrical tape if needed to keep them in position.
If you are experiencing issues with your powerbox, please follow the steps below to reset the Power Supply Converter (the Black Power Box) before submitting a support request.
First, check all the electrical connections are secure.
- Be sure to check the connection between the wall and the black box especially. They have been known to make a light appear dead when the connection is off. This process will reset the "trip" feature inside which may have gone off. This can happen if the light gets too much power too fast but can normally be easily reset. If it fixes it but has to be reset often, please reach out to support so we can provide replacement options.
Resetting the 2 Part Power Box
Please follow the steps exactly as outlined to ensure the converter inside the powerbox is fully reset much like a cell phone being turned off then back on to resolve glitches.
- Fully unplug the light, the box, and the wall cord so you'll have 3 separate parts.
- Very Important: Make sure your light dimmer is OFF. If your light dimmer is on or on high, it can re-trip the box and prevent it from resetting.
- Plug the largest cord into the wall outlet, and make sure it’s fully 100% in the electric socket.
- Replug wall cord into the power box, gently move the wide connection piece around while firmly connecting, it should fully insert. The widest part of the male cord part will fit fully inside the female part of the adapter. See image below:
- Plug powerbox into light and slowly turn on and increase brightness.
Find immediate information and faqs online through our Help Center.
Reach out to our support team if you need any help or advice with this topic, or any other issue. Please include your name, order number and any relevant pictures or videos that will help us help you. If possible, please use the same email address used to place your order when submitting support requests. This will help us help you faster!